Tuesday 22 July 2008

(Popeye's) Buttermilk Biscuits

When I first tried Popeye's Chicken years ago, I fell in love immediately with the buttermilk biscuit. I was intrigued by the first bite. It was salty, yet a little sweet, a little undescribable but totally loveable. Paired with maple syrup given by the staff, it was perfect for me! However, it did not help that the only outlet in Singapore was at the airport. I do not live near the airport, so whenever I had to go to the airport, I made sure I buy a few, no matter how full I was. Now, they have an outlet nearer to the city, but they have stopped giving maple syrup (a few years back), and replace it with jam instead. I'm not a fan of jams, so I bring my own maple syrup to the outlet haha!

Yesterday, I decided that I would bake these today. I looked through my recipe file and here is the product of a recipe I found on the net.

When it first came out of the oven, the smell was oooohhhhh ssooooo niiicccceeee! When eaten warm, it was totally irresistable. Dear gave me a score of 8 out of 10! The taste is just what I like, a little salty, a teeny weeny tinge of sweetness, and the undescribable taste from the buttermilk.

The recipe calls for rolling the dough and cutting with a cookie cutter. My dough was quite wet. I'm not sure if it's meant to be, but it was not "roll-able", so I did away with that. I only spooned them onto the baking tray and flattened them slightly to a height of 1/2 inch.

I have packed them into 4 small lunch boxes - for mum, sister, mum-in-law, and myself. I'm sure they will love them as well.

For the recipe, please click here.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails