Monday 1 June 2009

Lemon Curd Muffins

The round up for the month of May at Sweet and Simple Bakes is Lemon Curd Muffins.

I have my own Lemon Curd recipe, but for this bake, I decided to use the recipe that the ladies have provided. It tasted just as good!

One thing to note about the recipe though, is that I found 120ml of lemon too much overall. I had some left which I did not want to pour back into my jar in the fridge, so I spooned it and ate them on its own...yummy!

I am not sure if I did everything correctly but when the muffins were out of the oven, the insides were still a rather wet, because of the lemon curd inside. I filled my muffin cups this way: muffin mixture-lemon curd-muffin mixture, and it didn't seem to work well for me. Perhaps I understood wrongly? Probably if I try this recipe a second time, I would bake the muffins on their own first, and then squeeze the lemon curd in through a nozzle after they have cooled.

The coating was nice though. Initially I was afraid that the sugar coating will be too sweet. However, when paired with the tartness of the lemon curd, it was perfect.

Unfortunately this time round, I am the only one eating the muffins. Dear is not a great fan of lemon, and my other family members are not fans of muffins with wet insides.

Nevertheless, I think this recipe is a keeper, just that I have to work on the centers of the muffins! Do try the recipe here.


5 comments:

♥Rosie♥ said...

Hi Bimmer, your Lemon Curd muffins look fabulous! Sorry to hear that the centres were still a little wet, such a shame.

I do hope you will partake in our next bake with us at S&SB

Best wishes Rosie x

Heatherfeather said...

Your photo turned out really nice. I baked mine on a super hot day and my sugar topping was melting in the heat. I used a bit less of the lemon curd in the filling and had no trouble with wet middles. I didn't measure the filling, I just spooned a small bit into each. I also used a different lemon curd, but otherwise followed the recipe pretty closely.

Gale Reeves said...

Your photo of the lemon curd muffins is beautiful.

Edith said...

Yours is sitting pretty in a black cupcake liner. Nice contrast.

Maria♥ said...

Hi Bimmer

Your muffins look so beautiful and round!

Thanks for taking part and hope you will join us again.

Maria
x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails