Thursday 13 August 2009

I turn 30!

I had problems loading the Blogger page last night, so this post is a day late.

I turned 30! Ooops....but I see no need to hide my age.

Unlike most years, I did not take the day off from work. A few of my colleagues bought me small pieces of cake so that I can go home and share them with my husband. Perhaps they think I would be embarrassed at having to stand in front of a group and blowing out candles...which is true, I would indeed be embarrassed.

The cakes were small tiny versions of tiramisu, black forest and mango cake. They looked small, but they were the perfect size for a late night supper (since I had a satisfied dinner with my husband). So last night, I stuck a little candle in one of the cakes, sat in front of it, made a long wish, and blew out the candle.

No matter how I made myself feel, I could not feel as excited as I was young. I thought of the years when I would look forward to my birthdays, because I would celebrate at my aunt's house, and she would cook lots of nice stuff for everyone to eat. And at my own home, my parents would get me a cake and we would all go out for a nice dinner (we still do dinner now, but less the cake). Classmates and friends would give presents and birthday cards (in paper form, not in email or sms) and I would go home and read them over and over again...even if most of them contained more or less the same words.

Yesterday felt no special than other days. I received many birthday greetings - through email, sms, facebook...most of them from people I hardly know. My mobile phone service provider was the first to send me a birthday greeting, and I received many from websites which I do not even remember joining as a member. Most ridiculous of all, I receive a greeting from some birthday websites, reminding myself of my birthday. It's funny, what kind of world are we entering??







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many Many Happy returns Bimmer...hugs and prayers for you..

Bimmer said...

Hi Ann,
thank you so much!

♥Rosie♥ said...

Hi Bimmer, happy belated birthday wishes :0)

Bimmer said...

thanks Rosie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails