Monday 14 April 2008

Vanilla cupcakes

So, it was my sister's birthday yesterday. Our family went for lunch at a nice restaurant and we brought along the vanilla cupcakes I made.

I made the cupcakes on Friday night. Why not on Saturday?... because I had to go paint my new place on Saturday. But it was only on Sunday morning that I made the frosting.

For the cupcakes, I followed a recipe from the book given by my friend. It is quite funny to call it vanilla cupcake, because out of the whole recipe, vanilla is only added in the frosting part.

It turned out ok, but it was oily. It tasted much like butter cake. I did not alter the amount of butter, so I am not sure why there was so much oil. So much oil came out, that when I took the tray out of the oven and tilted it, I could actually pour out the oil. Any idea why? This did not happen the last time I made other types of cupcake.

I made some minty green frosting on Sunday morning. I like the green! The word "Minty" just comes to mind when I see this colour...but no mint is involved here. Then the lazy me just put a silly-looking penguin candy on top to decorate it. They all looked like they are sleeping on some fluffy mattresses haha.

My sister liked the cupcakes...but her comment was "the candy was very nice"! Err....how about what's inside.... "it's a little hard, but it's ok". Hmm...not exactly the greatest compliments, but I'm glad she appreciated them.


6 comments:

Finla said...

Wow i love the toping and the decoration you have added on top of it.
It made me smile.

Bimmer said...

I'm glad it made you smile! The silly look on the penguin always makes me smile too.

Maria♥ said...

Oh these cupcakes are so cute, the green frosting is gorgeous!

Maria
x

KellytheCulinarian said...

The turned out just adorable!

Rosie said...

Oh my these are so cute!! What great decoration just love the colour of your cupcakes :)

Bimmer said...

Thanks Rosie! You made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails