Thursday 8 May 2008

Double chocolate chip cookies

I was wanting to buy bananas today to bake a banana bread for the banana bread bake off organised by Not Quite Nigella. Can you believe it, I cannot find any ripe bananas!! Have all the monkeys gotten them? Haha.



In the end, I decided to make something chocolatey. I seem to be in a chocolatey mood. I just bought a pack of M&M to snack on in the office today, and I am not usually a snack person, though chocolate is my weakness. I took out my Donna Hays recipe book and chose the double chocolate chip cookie.



It was really nice! Though I wish they were a bit more chewy than crispy. Instead of dark chocolate chunks, I added the remaining of my Hersheys chocolate chips into the final mixture. The kitchen was filled with the aroma of chocolate. The recipe says it makes 16 cookies. They must've been giantic ones, because I made more than 40 cookies, and they are already bigger than what I usually make.


I wish I am having these cookies with my husband, with a hot steaming cup of hot chocolate, while chatting into the night..


*pokes my dream bubbles* reality is....I have to go to bed now, and turn up for work tomorrow. But hey, tomorrow is Friday!! Yeah!

Maybe if I have the time over the weekend, I might still make it for the Bake Off!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails